Friday, April 9, 2010

Excuse #659...my leg "pulled" itself

I'm sitting on the couch nursing a very injured calf muscle. In another time in life, I might feel pain like this after a road race or a cycling race. Or perhaps you're thinking maybe I tackled some physical task too vigorous for a pregnant lady. Neither is true.

My calf is injured because it "pulled" itself. There it is...my excuse for not working out the past 2 days. 2 nights ago, I was sitting (on the same couch coincidentally) talking on the phone when suddenly my calf cramped up so bad I was screaming in pain. It took quite a while to get the charley horse to loosen up. I have never experienced a charley horse before and I don't envy people who get them frequently. I looked it up...apparently, it's a common pregnancy syndrome.

Unfortunately, the damage from the charley horse seems to be lasting. I couldn't walk very well the yesterday and today the muscle is still very sore and tender. I'm heating, stretching and using the roller. I tentatively have a run scheduled for tomorrow morning...we'll see how that goes.

My leg is a traitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment