Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The beginning of the end....

I fear the end has come....the end of running. I'm very very sad about this. I wanted to be able to run through 30 weeks (and secretly hoped to make it running the whole way). But, I think my body is saying 'no'. I'm only 80% sure this is the end. This is the 2nd bad day of running in a row...and quite a few days in a row that I have some cramps when walking around. I definitely was getting a lot of Braxton hicks today. Ouch. I feel like my body is failing me in a weird way.

Body...it's me....why are you doing this? We had such a perfect first and second trimester...why did you just spring this on me now? You love running, remember?

My lower legs and feet were killing me today too. I managed to run 2.6 miles and then had to walk the last 1/2 mile.

I'm going to give it one more day and see if I feel better. This could still just be a bad week, though not likely.

Backup plans: spinning class, water aerobics, water running, walking, weight lifting. I guess I can do anything for 3 short months...but none of them are as enticing nor as convenient as running.

No comments:

Post a Comment