Friday, January 22, 2010

The treadmill is a jealous lover


I spent a week away from the gym and exploring the great outdoors of Montana. I figured I could just put my workouts on the backburner for a bit. Today, the treadmill made me pay for my indiscretions.


Although my first trimester weight gain was exactly 3 lbs, I managed to pack on an additional 3 lbs in the last 4 days! It may have had something to do with my "eating for five" plan....oh, but it was worth it.


I'm 16 weeks and 5 days. I "think" I may be feeling some baby kicks, but it's pretty hard to tell at this point.


I ran 4 miles today and walked 1 mile (1/2 mile before and 1/2 mile after the run). I did most of the run at 6.0mph but got up to 6.7mph on the last bit.


I was getting some suspicious stares at the gym, so I think I'm definitely rocking the baby belly at least in my gym shorts and t-shirt. So far, I don't think anyone at work suspects....kinda funny to me actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment