Tuesday, January 5, 2010

14 weeks, 2 days

I think my "secret" might be out to my fellow gym-goers. I realized today that my stomach sticks out when I run. But I'm still at that stage where maybe they all feel sad for the poor girl with a beer gut! I can't really hold my stomach in (like I usually do at work) when I am concentrating on moving my arms and legs and not falling off the treadmill. Also, I walked a mile today at the gym and for anyone who knows me...that is a dead giveaway that something is up. I am NOT a walker at all...it's too slow of a sport for me.

Workout: Ran 5 miles between 6.0mph and 6.5mph. Walked 1 mile (6 miles total). Did ab work: ball crunches, roman chairs and planks.

I did 2 or 3 pickups of 1 min at 7.5mph. I must say, it's only because I am consciously forcing myself to slow down that I am running this slow. I actually feel great and my body feels really good especially at 7.5mph (was my pre-pregmancy pace). I'm keeping my breathing really easy...arguably too easy. But I'm OK with that. I'm just happy to get moving and do something everyday. I'm sure it will get harder later on but for now, the running is good.

Only complaint is that my lower back is tight and sore afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment