Saturday, March 6, 2010

I am the crazy pregnant woman!







I'm in Arizona for a few days for my Masters graduation ceremony. My dad and I found some great hikes in the Phoenix metro area. Both the hike we did yesterday and the one today were rated "moderate". In my mind, moderate means one step above walking on a perfectly smooth trail.

Well...things are a little different in Arizona! We hiked about an hour yesterday and then 2 1/2 hours today. I guess in Arizona, "moderate" means one step BELOW needing rock climbing equipment!!! In a couple parts, we were crawling up stone faces. The boulders were pretty big and the trails were surprisingly steep! So yes, I am that crazy pregnant women practically rock climbing at nearly 6 months pregnant!

I loved every second of it though. Hiking was much less challenging (cardio-wise) than my normal running...however, it was much more challenging muscle-wise. My legs were burning. The scenery was beautiful and most importantly, the weather was fabulous. Almost 80 degrees today!

I'm probably going to be a little sore tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment