Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Plan

I have a new plan for my recovery. The new plan is to do nothing for 2-3 days. I really have just felt trashed after my shuffle around the block...so I decided maybe THAT is even too much. So, I plan to lay on the couch as much as possible today and tomorrow and see how it goes.

Emmett is still a very mellow baby. He eats, we change him, we swaddle him and then he sleeps for about 3 hours. And that's it. He is very quiet. He only gets a little aggravated during diaper changes.

Breastfeeding is going really well. I'm so thankful that after my rough delivery, the feeding is clicking. I'm not sure I could handle my own recovery and a fussy baby. Emmett seems to have been breastfeeding for years. He likes to do things himself and does not want my help latching on. He tries so hard that he almost "over tries". He will open his mouth so wide and just hold it there even though I'm ready to go. I just laugh and let him figure it out. I feel like he thinks I'm inept sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure a small break will help bring back your energy. Emmett seems to be doing the best he can to help you out! What a sweetie. Congrats, Liz! I hope you're recovery goes smoother this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete