Thursday, June 24, 2010

Operation Walk the Baby Out

I really wish I could title this entry "Operation RUN the Baby Out"...but I just don't think that's plausible. Yes, I am a wimp and am blaming my lack of running on the hot Nebraska weather. I say I'm a wimp not because it isn't hot...because it really is (90 degrees)...but because I know that I could beat Italicthe heat if I got up at say, 6 am to run. But, I don't. So, therefore I'm a wimp.

I went out walking for an hour today at about 9pm and it was wonderful! I'm always so surprised that no matter how lazy and large I feel during the day, once I get moving, I feel great! I think I could have actually run tonight (I felt that good), but I did not dress appropriately for the occasion.

So, I'm challenging myself to "2 a days" starting now. It's like I'm in training for the season again or something...only this time the season is labor. I'm going to try to walk in the morning before work and then again in the evening after the heat breaks. Why? Mostly because I'm bored...and it will help negate my lack of running. And also, I tend to eat large amounts of dessert in the evening. (Today it was almost an entire bag of Hershey kisses...oops).

I don't want Emmett to come before he's ready...but I'm ready to get my body back. I love training and look forward to the getting back in shape. I love the "getting back into shape" because you can see progress every week. Once you are already in shape, it's hard to see progression. But if you are out of shape, then it's AMAZING the progress you make every week. haha.

38.5 weeks today....30 lbs gained. I will be really happy if I can keep the weight gain around 30 lbs too. So, Emmett, go ahead and come in the next few days...because I can't stop eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment