Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One foot in front of the other

I am sad to report that I had to stop running for a while. Let's just say, the reason is medical in nature and related to being pregnant. I'm going to check in with my midwife tomorrow and see what she thinks. Maybe there are still a few more pregnant runs left in me.

Yesterday, Eric and I walked 2 miles with Pup. I think I got a couple of Braxton Hicks contractions along the way, but I'm not 100% sure. Baby Emmett is very head down and rapidly running out of space. I feel bad when he tries to stretch his little limbs...I imagine its very cramped quarters in there.

Today, I took Pup and we walked about 4.5 miles. It was a little sticky/muggy but other than that fine. I have to say that I don't like walking very much. First, it takes FOREVER to do a measly 4-5 miles. When I run 4-5 miles, it takes less than an hour...when I walk, it takes about an hour and a half I think. It just seems like forever. Also, running takes me full mental concentration (especially running pregnant). So, the time goes by really fast because I'm so focused on my pace and moving my body forward. Walking is not particularly strenuous and therefore I notice everything, think about everything and am generally aware of how long the "workout" is taking. Grrrr.

I'm going to try and lift a few free weights today on my exercise ball as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment