Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 2 of Weight Watchers

Day 1 of Weight Watchers was a total bust...oops. Who knew that a personal pan cheese pizza from Pizza Hut was 17 pts? No wonder I have been gaining weight! I even get an extra 10 pts a day for breastfeeding and I still busted!

So, on to Day 2 of Weight Watchers. My usual Peanut butter and jelly sandwich added up to 10 pts but it's early and I can curb my dinner a little bit.

I'm really excited to do this program. I went to my first meeting yesterday. My sis previously loaned me Season 5 of Sex and the City for inspiration. Miranda has just had her baby and goes to Weight Watchers. I was slightly disappointed in the episode because all she does is pick up a guy, eat Krispy Kream donuts and have sex for activity points. I was at least expecting some sort of follow up to tell viewers if she made her points for the day.

Although I love the idea of going to a meeting once a week to weigh in, the discussions are a little creepy. People go on and on about whatever dessert or bad thing they ate that week. When someone brings up cheesecake, the group is required to collectively moan at the thought of it. Moaning aside, the meetings are great in offering substitution ideas. For instance, I can probably switch my bread and peanut butter and cut quite a few calories/points from my peanut butter and jelly.

I have 20 lbs to lose (yes, if you followed my blog I managed to gain 4 lbs in the last few weeks.) I hope to do it over 4-5 months. It's definitely hard balancing the breastfeeding and weight loss as I have to be really careful not to affect my supply. So, slow and steady wins the race.

Big news!!! I walked 4 miles today and managed to run a few steps continuously for the first time!!! No, this is not a return to running. I literally ran about 10 seconds. But, it's certainly an improvement. My tailbone was sore and felt wierd but nothing hurt "too badly".

No comments:

Post a Comment