Sunday, August 29, 2010

7.5 weeks of Emmett

Emmett is a pretty cool kid. I can't believe how much he has grown up already. In the last 2 weeks, he has suddenly transformed from an inert blob that eats, sleeps and poops to an interactive baby who eats, sleeps and poops. Emmett is "talking" a lot and smiling and laughing. He loves the song "Baby Beluga"...it always wins smiles and laughs. Emmett also loves to stand up...the kid has some strong legs! He is growing bigger by the day. He is a fairly long kid...he wears 3 month clothes because of the length but they are still a little loose on him. However, he has a really skinny butt and legs so he can only fit newborn pants. Of course the newborn pants look like ridiculous high-waters on him....so mostly he just hangs out in his onesie.

Emmett's new best friends are ceiling fans. He loves them and stares at them and talks to them.

I'm sad to see my baby's beautiful dark hair slowly recede and fall out! I wonder what color his "next" hair will be.

We just got back from a vacation to North Carolina. Emmett did great on the planes. On the way there, I tried to time it and nurse him during take offs and landings but discovered it didn't really matter...he didn't seem bothered by the pressure changes. He pretty much slept the whole flight.

This is my last week of maternity leave! So sad. I have to become a pumping machine this week so I can get ahead of the power curve and store up enough milk for him while I'm away. My supply has been good so I think I can do this! (Make enough milk so Emmett can eat without supplementing with formula.) Luckily, I'm only working for 3 1/2 months before I quit my job. But, if you know me, you know I can't sit still....so I'm already planning my next career move. I'm thinking of taking my G.I. Bill and trying for nursing school. There are a few accelerated programs in our area that I could complete in 1 year (BSN).

My first day of Weight Watchers is tomorrow! Eric went out to get what he is calling my "Last Supper" of pizza. I also plan to tackle P90x tomorrow...at least the parts I can do of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment