Sunday, August 22, 2010

So it's officially a blog about NOT running

At least it's not all in my head. It's confirmed. This will be a blog about NOT running for a long time. To put it bluntly, my 93rd percentile-headed child did some major damage on his mom. The tailbone (and yes, the tailbone is busted) is the least of my worries. The kid has left his mark on my lady bits in ways I didn't even know possible. (Word to the wise....don't push for 4 hours during labor. That's more than a marathon worth of pushing and I believe that was about 3 hours too many for me.)

Even though I'm really proud that Emmett is happy and healthy, I'm not really happy that his delivery has taken away 2 loves of my life: running and jumping on a trampoline (at least for a while.)

The assessment is this....I can stand up, but not for very long before I start to hurt. I'm allowed to walk/power walk but walking starts to ache after a few miles. I'm allowed to lift weights, but not power lifting stuff. I can't do anything with a jarring motion. Even riding in the car on a bumpy road is a little much right now.

I have to get a new plan in life. For the first time in my life, I have to seriously consider other sports and ways to workout. And I'm so lost! I think I can swim....maybe bike. I can't do the elliptical but maybe I can handle yoga??? I have to create a new "non-running" identity.

I'm still 16 lbs up from pre-baby weight. Because I'm so limited on physical activity, I'm going to have to watch what I eat (which I have never done.) I'm joining Weight Watchers in a few weeks. I also finally broke down and bought new clothes in a size 8 (3 sizes up). I was living in running shorts and tank tops. I figured if it was going to take me a while to find my pre-pregnancy body, I might as well look put-together while I was doing it.

1 comment:

  1. aquabike races are fun...its swimming and then biking...if you can join a gym, then you could really have fun with that...so sorry that you got so much damage during birth, with how fit you have always been, I cant even imagine how stir crazy you must be right now...
    PS-More Emmett updates:)

    ReplyDelete