Monday, May 10, 2010

Still going strong at 32 weeks +

I ran 4 miles today on the indoor track. I was clocking exactly 10 mins/mile pace which I was pretty proud of. I really thought I would be lucky to be running 12 mins/mile at this point. I felt pretty good, my feet were a little sore so I bought some new shoes just in case. In reality, I know my feet are hurting because I'm lugging around some extra weight...but I just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt in case it was the cushioning that was wearing out. My breathing feels fine and I am really comfortable when I run. But that said, I really try to keep my pace at an "easy" level.

Emmett was being crazy today during my run! I swear he was "playing" instead my stomach as I chugged along. It's a disconcerting to feel that someone is trying to claw out of your stomach, especially when you are concentrating on putting one leg in front of the other.

I feel like my pregnancy growth spurt has slowed down a lot too. I'm still holding steady at 23 lbs gained and have been at this weight for quite a few weeks. Sometimes I don't even feel too "big" anymore. I think, because I've been the same size for a bit, that I'm getting used to this size and shape and my legs are getting used to carrying it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment