Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Today I'm practicing for my new job

I'm at home today with my little one. I finally got certified in my job and have started my crazy rotating shift schedule. The good news is that I have random days off during the week like today. The downside is I'm working 12 hour shifts starting this weekend (and some night shifts too.) I predict I may lose my mind in the next 3 months...but this is only temporary. Nothing bad will happen in 3 months if we wear dirty clothes and eat french fries everyday.

It's a good thing I'm home today because I have to train to be a stay-at-home mom. I just hope my husband will "hire" me in a few months when I quit my job. I'm not sure I have enough experience though... I wonder if there will be some sort of certification test before I'm hired full time. Maybe I will have to demonstrate how to operate the washer and dryer and dishwasher. I may have to construct a shopping list and execute grocery shopping. The most difficult task will be cooking a meal that was not originally frozen. You may laugh, but I'm TERRIBLE at all the above tasks. Eric and I joke that we both suspect the "wrong person" is quitting their job to stay with Emmett. Eric excells at household tasks while I'm a miserable failure.

Baby news: Emmett is a rock star at daycare. I'm secretly pleased that everyone at daycare loves him and thinks he's cute. Maybe his teachers will give him a few extra cuddles. We had a minor bump in the road this week. Emmett got a cold from his first week in daycare. The cold wouldn't have been a big deal except then he went on bottle strike because he didn't feel very well. I let Dad fight that one out....Dad finally won, thank goodness.

Big news: I fit into my pre-pregnany jeans for the first time!!!
Bad news: The jeans appear to be painted on me and definitely accentuate my muffin top. I will need to chose strategic tops to wear with the jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment