Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Runner, heal thyself

Almost overnight, I can run again! I ran 4 miles the other day with Emmett in his BOB. The weather here was amazing and it was so nice to run around the lake. I averaged 10 mins/mile pushing the stroller...not too shabby.

Thank goodness I did all the walking I did, because when my body was ready, I literally just jumped back into it (4 miles). I was a little stiff the next day but nothing too bad. As it stands, I have only been able to work out about once every three days (juggling work, baby and school). But I don't think that's a bad thing while my body gets back into shape. I think my tailbone is healed although it still bothers me when I work a 12 hour shift. I'm going to see a physical therapist soon for the other damage (which has improved too.) Honestly, I have resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to get back into shape or run much more than 5 miles before December when I quit my job. Life is just a little crazy.

I have dropped 1 pants size despite eating junk for the past two weeks. Sorry Weight Watchers. I haven't been able to make any of the meetings as my hours are crazy. Also, weird hours = weird food in the middle of the night. Really, am I'm going to eat a salad at 3am? No. I think running around like a crazy person is as effective as counting every morsel of food that goes into my mouth. I'm still hovering about 11 lbs over pre-preg weight. I never thought it would be this tough.

In Baby news, Emmett is a rock star sleeper!!! He slept for 8 1/2 hours straight last night. I love my boy. He continues to be really easy going. He smiles and laughs and screams a lot (joyful screaming). He is holding his head up really well and likes to stand. He sucks at tummy time...oh well, can't have it all.

So far, I have been able to keep up with my little eater's demands. When I worked 12 hours on Sunday, the kid ate 15 ounces with his dad!! That's a lot!! But I pumped 16 ounces at work. So I won...but barely. Pumping is not so fun and sometimes it's hard for me to fit in all the pumps I need to at work. But I have this "thing" about giving Emmett exclusively my milk. I think it helps alleviate the guilt I feel about putting him in daycare. It's like I can "prove" my love to him by pumping or something...haha. Also, there's a sort of challenge to pumping. It's not easy and therefore it's like a competitive thing (with myself) to see if I can do it.

As much as I hate pumping, I love breastfeeding (and never thought I would.) It's super easy, clean, and portable. When I'm home with Emmett, I never have to wash bottles. I never have to worry when I'm out and about with him if I brought enough milk. He doesn't get milk all over his outfits (like he does with the bottle). Oh, did I mention I never have to wash bottles? haha.

1 comment:

  1. i exclusively pumped from like, 4-5 months on through over 12 months. IT SUCKED SO BADLY...but like you, i LOVED knowing that she was getting all of her nutrients and everything she needed from me. Plus, it is obviously the best option for them AND much cheaper than paying for formula...

    ReplyDelete