Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back in the game again

It never fails to amaze me how painful P90X can be!!

This is attempt #538 to get back into some sort of workout routine. And the the key word in that sentence is routine...

WeightWatchers is a bust right now. It's honestly one step too many right now to write down everything I eat PLUS do the shopping to have healthy food in the house. I feel like I'm barely surviving day to day and am lucky to eat something on the run in between work, homework and the demands of an infant.

Also, my milk supply took a serious hit last week. There's no way to pinpoint what caused it because there are so many factors. I was working night shifts and didn't get more than a few hours of sleep a day, I defintely wasn't eating well/enough and not drinking enough water. Plus I was stressed trying to get my assignments turned in. Whatever the cause, it freaked me out a little bit and I was nervous to cut any calories...I think Weight Watchers will sit on the backburner for a few months. It's just so important to me to exclusively breastfeed Emmett, but it's definitely not easy.

I think that I will feel pretty good about myself if I can workout once per day even if I don't worry too much about diet right now (and make sure to eat tons of calories). I ran 3 miles yesterday with Eric and felt pretty good. My body still feels like not my own when I run. I feel like I have to concentrate on moving my arms and legs. Plus, there is still some bounce and jiggle I'm not used too (I blame my back pain and knee pain on the extra weight).

Today, I tackled P90x in hopes to get some core muscle strength back and help my running progress. P90x predictably kicked my butt. I'm doing P90X Lean as I doubt my body is physically ready for the traditional version yet. I'm so wobbly. My balance is shot after pregnancy and my core is trashed. I shake all over when I do basic exercises like squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment